Thursday, October 21, 2010

Steampunk (ish) Sketches

Ooops, missed a day already!  Sorry, everyone--I HAVE been drawing every day, but I haven't been near a scanner.  To make up for it, I'm posting some older doodles, and will catch up tomorrow when I'm back at home.  



This robot was inspired by a conversation with a friend (over a glass of wine) about how confidence lets you get away with just about anything.  He has a Ph.D in Philosophy, which he described as "a degree in spouting total malarkey with a straight face.  A robot could do it better than me!"
 

I like to think this submarine is picking flowers for someone special.



I really like scientists!  One of my good friends, Jonathon Barnett, is a scientist, and he mentioned one day that he was going to make an Incredible Weather Making Machine.  I decided this is what it will look like.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I'm a bit of a moron, but here's an idea from a bit of a moron.

    You need to make a childrens book!

    A backwards childrens book. That would be awesome. It would go something like this:

    My wife is giddy,

    which came from you tweeting about her (ShadesofPretty),

    which came from you hearing about her,

    which came from her adding you to her market,

    which came from you writing in a forum thread on Artfire,

    which came from her exploring for ideas on Artfire,

    which came from her being on Artfire,

    which came from Etsy being lousy,

    which came from her being on Etsy,

    which came from her wanting to sell her cake plates and cupcake stands,

    which came from her making cake plates and cupcake stands,

    which came from her having a bunch of fine china lying around and being bored when I was at work.

    So thanks to me, this all happened.

    I knew I was to blame for your success...somehow.

    Wait, what was I talking about?

    Did I tell you I'm a bit of a moron?

    ReplyDelete